Are you a treasure hunter, garage sale enthusiast, flipper, or love discovering unique items?
If you said yes, our Cataloger position is perfect for you!
As a Cataloger, you'll have the primary responsibility of preparing, coordinating, staging, photographing, and generally facilitating the presentation and pricing of items for both live and online auctions.
The following is a list of additional employee roles and responsibilities:
- Employees must be able to handle firearms legally.
- Employees must have a clean criminal background
- Employees must be able to lift a 50-pound piece of inventory, mostly consisting of boxes and/or furniture items.
- All client materials and information will be held strictly confidential outside the company.
- Identify when and where to refer appraisal of auction items to Specialty Appraisers.
- Researching, documenting, and communicating pricing options for auction items as needed.
- Ensuring all auction items are photographed and presented for optimum presentation to buyers online or in person.
- Ensuring all auction items are coordinated, staged, and available for viewing during the auction or by appointment for preview.
- Maintain current working knowledge of online auction resources.
- Set up online auction items in company software in preparation for all events that include online bidding.
- Must possess attention to detail, be capable of writing grammatically correct, have some creative writing skills, and have good spelling abilities.
- Employees will provide staff assistance as requested, with a spirit of helpfulness. This means each employee may be asked from time to time to cover other areas of accountability and/or departments as a matter of exception, not routine.
- Have a desire to learn, grow and improve their skills as a long-term team member to help advance the company's growth.
- Employees must have their own mode of transportation to and from our warehouse facility or clientele estate job sites.
- Employees must present themselves in a clean, well-kept, and business professional manner during all working hours.
- Employees will be required to show up ON TIME for scheduled shifts.
- All employees are responsible for utilizing company technology accurately to leverage online resources and further our competitive advantage in the market.
- Every team member is responsible for bringing solutions to the table; we never present a problem without a recommendation for its resolution.
- Each team member is responsible for the relationships we have with our clients; attention to the client experience is always top of mind.
- All telephone calls and correspondence, both internal and external, will be returned within one business day and two hours whenever possible in a professional manner.
- Employees will display a positive and supportive mental attitude with team members and clients.
There is significant room for growth at Alaska Premier Auctions and we'd love to see you advance with us!
Photos from the Warehouse!
See some photos from behind the scenes of what it looks like where we prepare items for auction!